Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bondage



I love being tied, roped, cuffed and harnessed.

To say there is freedom in bondage may seem counter-intuitive to some, but it is absolutely true for me. I never feel any safer, any more cherished, any prettier or any more confident in my body than when I am in bondage.

When being tied, the rope is always soft and beautifully dyed. A person who has invested time and energy in learning this art form has chosen a specific pattern to use, usually to showcase my body in a specific manner. And even when it is other than my Dom tying me, the feeling of trust and safety is there, knowing the person has been well vetted and I can trust there will be fast release knots where needed, that circulation will be checked regularly, and that I will never be left alone once tied.


Feeling confident in my body when tied or harnessed is such a gift, and not a common thing for me. I have always worn leg braces, orthopedic shoes and walked with forearm crutches or been in a wheelchair. That isn't to say I don't look attractive when I go out, but I have always yearned for that totally pulled together package of high boots and a short skirt, or sexy, strapped high heels with a classy black dress, and those aren't in the cards for me this time around.

But when I am naked and bound, the world is an even playing field. Scars become ornamentation, almost enhancements to the rope or leather. Through careful arrangement, my breasts are back up where they were 10 years ago, and the patterns of ties or straps down my abdomen work better than any girdle to give me a flat bellied look. No walking is required, I will be placed where my Dom or Domme wants me to be. And I feel beautiful.

Like all of BDSM, bondage is a built-up of layers, with communication leading to trust that leads to exploration and joy.

Knowing how much I enjoy bondage, when Bill saw something on one of his morning blogs about harnesses going mainstream, he forwarded it to me. Sure enough, the Fall 2012 collection by Hervé Léger is bondage wear over more traditional clothing.

I think Bill may have been leaning toward making the point that I won't really need new clothing when what I have will hardly be noticed once he puts my bondage gear over the top of it. And while I'm sure he is correct to a point, I think it could put some of the more conservative locals into a swoon or maybe even a dead faint, and goodness knows how their wives would react.


However, never let it be said that I am against progress. If a man who looks like the man here would like to wear his harness gear along with his tats and bare butt out in public, I am all for it! If anyone makes him feel uncomfortable, I want him to know he can come sit or stand next to me and I'll do all I can to take his mind off his troubles.

Donna

4 comments:

  1. great post, Donna. makes me regret we packed light on yhis trip.

    mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. A highly sensual post Donna. Makes me want to expand my areas of interest with "you know who."

    Love,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. *smiling* You are so so naughty. You'll save me a seat right next to you, right? After all, two is oft better than one...just sayin'...

    as to bondage...M is not really into rope but on the few occasions when He has tied me? Oh, the world just falls away.

    I love that feeling of being contained. You describe physical limitations, but I find it also helps my mental limitations? I get so ....scattered? Pulled in many directions in my life. You know a bit of how much I "must" do....but when I'm tied?

    I don't need to do a single thing.

    I only need to think about breathing, about being a woman, about being a submissive woman, about being a painslut.

    It's very similar to yoga, except there is an external force making you move/comply.

    Nicely done, sister of my heart.

    nilla

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: