Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Shame

You know I hate coming back to this topic.

But, sometimes it's like Al Pacino in Godfather II - it just keeps pulling me back in.

Like on Sunday. There is something odd about going to the local grocery store and seeing a big display of a psuedo-smutty BDSM novel in aisle number 8, with half the books already gone, and one dog eared one there with the cover bent back, like a shopper had spent about an hour thumbing through looking for the good parts.

I was going to  let that drop though, despite the temptation to take a photo of this pathetic display with my I-phone.

But then it happened again, on Sunday evening. Dinner at the Mother-in-Law's house with our two daughters and one of their Co-Ed friends.

I'm not sure who brought it up: maybe the friend. She read it. Then our daughter just back from Europe says she read it. She comments that it's knocked off from the "Twilight" series, something we've commented about here. The girls both agree it's a little "weird".

Slave is keeping his mouth shut.

But could Mistress leave this alone. Oh No.

"You know, your father read it too!"

Jaws drop. Heads turn. Including the dumbstruck daughters and my very proper Mother-in-Law.

Dad wants to hide in a corner.

I was tempted to say, "Only so I could write a book review for our sex blog, honey!"

But I simply switched into my damage control mode, sort of on auto-pilot.

"Well it was getting all this publicity. As a student of pop culture I had to see what all the talk was about."

Daughter No. 2:

"I can't believe you read THAT......"

"Well I really just skimmed it."

More aghast looks. Them probably thinking I was just looking for the "good" parts.

"And boy was it lame...."

Of course, I'm not explaining why I thought it was lame. That there really aren't any 23 year old college grad virgins are there? Or that she just just have stopped agonizing and enjoy all those cums.

Again with "You really read THAT?"

I think you get the picture.

As it turns out, our older daughter had NOT read it. So when we got home, Mistress simply handed her the book that had been gathering dust on our shelf since my review.

Let's hope she doesn't give me those incredulous "Dad, that's disgusting" looks once she finishes it.

All I can say is this: Switch Day can't come soon enough this week, because Mistress is going to get a nice spanking when it does.




8 comments:

  1. Tsk, mean of her to out you to your kids!

    -sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mick. That was kind of mean. i'm sure she'll pay for it Sunday...

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that must have sucked! More interesting than chatting about the weather I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! That is exactly the type of thing Bill does to me all the time. It actually made me laugh out loud - okay, it was more like a guffaw!

    How fun!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, Dir of Security UCTMWJuly 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM

    Mick, you missed the opportunity of the week! This was the perfect time to embarrass the whole crowd and get even all at the same time, you should have given them your take on it as you did in the review!The daughter would have been dumbstruck, the wife would have to explain to her mother and you could have had the satisfaction of knowing you won't be invited back for any more dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While Bill is being funny, he does bring up an interesting point... when do children become adults in the house that you can have a real conversation with?

    Yes, no one wants to know about their parent's sex life - I get that, but you don't really have to defend reading a book to anyone. So, it's "erotica", so what?

    I think you should have her read you passages out loud while you spank her. (Oops, was that out loud? When did I get so mean?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that was funny!!!!!

    And Molly defiantly deserves a nice long hard bare bottomed spanking!!

    You little trouble maker Molly:)

    I'd use the hair brush Mick

    What do you think Sue?

    The

    laughing,

    WC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that the consensus POV is that Mistress deserves a very firm spanking at the first opportunity. I'll go for "Fifty Shades of Red".

      Mick

      Delete

We Love your comments.... please join in: