Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Commentary on Romance from Our Senior Correspondent


Donna, Our Senior Correspondent passed on the following to share with our readers:

 I  just read a blog about things that are considered to be romantic. The blog talked about how most men and women consider sending flowers, or going dancing, or gifting expensive colognes and perfumes to be romantic. I didn't comment there, but want to here. I think it's the connection to more that makes things romantic. Any dumbo can order flowers, it's the follow-up that makes the romance.

For example, my favorite blooms are wild flowers still growing in a field or blooming along the side of the road. We regularly drive through the mountains to see them, stopping to lay out a blanket and make love. When Bill pulls the duffel bag containing the blanket, lube and a clean wash cloth out of the back of the truck and I know he planned this, that's romance.

  And we enjoy dancing, but at home rather than out. Bill turns up the music on the stereo and spins me in the wheelchair, dancing around it with that sort of 70s dancing style that is less a real dance and more of a sexy, swinging wiggle. It makes me laugh, it makes my heart swell, and that's romance.

  I am in the middle of being fitted for a new wheelchair. It's been over 20 years since my last new chair and Bill goes with me to each appointment, voices his opinion and then steps back for me to make the final choices. He rubs my neck and gives me a nod of encouragement as I make the choices that are right for the changes in my body rather than what I would prefer to have. That's romance!

And the fist pump and shout he gave when the physical therapist said it looks like the insurance company will probably cover many of the upgrades that will keep me more mobile, that was romantic, too.

And here's romance for you. I haven't been able to lie flat in a bed for months due to changes in my spine, so I sleep in a special recliner in the den. Someday we'll be able to afford one of those beds that can be adjusted for each person and we'll share a bed at night again, but for now this is how it is. There is never a complaint from Bill. He tucks me into the recliner very lovingly with a deep kiss, some nipple twists and goes on to bed. Romance!

When Bill decides we will make love or partake in some BDSM, he brings out the ramps, positions them for me, and places me where I will be safe while he spanks or flogs my ass and shoves dildos and vibrators here and there, and then breaks out the Hitachi. Romance!
 Thanks, Donna. And what I particularly liked was this chart of wheel chair friendly positions that you also forwarded today. You may need to update us on your progress through this selection.




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Donna. I totally agree with you.

    I'm excited about your new wheelchair too! That will be so nice for you.

    Bill is a treasure among Doms. You're lucky to have each other. i hope my relationship with my Sir grows the way yours has.

    hugs,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Donna! Now I feel cheated. The next time tammy sends me flowers I'm telling her to get her ass home, get my strapon, lube and a blanket and come pick me up so we can go find some wild flowers!

    Love,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veryy very cool Donna

    And

    Bill!!!!!!!!!!

    And as usual funny as shit Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: