Thursday, December 29, 2011

HNT / Vocabulary Lesson

Yesterday we got a little verbal and commentary feedback on a word I used yesterday to describe what was a surprising breakout of exuberant horniness here at the UCTMW World HQ.

And of course, of anything we try to raise the level of discourse on these humble pages.

So here is the word:

"Concupiscence", defined at World Book as "carnal desire, lust....".  The derivative is Old English, derived from the Latin, concupiscent - beginning to desire. For those of you who took high school Latin (as I did for a dreary 4 years, climaxing in the construction of a Trojan horse with popsicle sticks), it comes from the verb concupiscere, from con (expressing intensive force) + cupere ( to desire).

One of our better educated readers expressed surprise to Mistress that I had come up with a word with which he was unfamiliar. I can only ascribe it to my Catholic education. It's a word (among others) that was used as a pejorative. I mean, god forbid one would unleash forces that would inspire such a base and loathsome impulse as "carnal desire, lust". It gets you into Jesus / Mary Magdellan territory, and only the big guy could handle a hot chick washing his feet and not "rise to the occasion".

Now, believe it or not, I just came up with that from my own recollections of a Catholic education clearly gone bad. But then, to find further blog fodder, I consulted google, and came up with some collaborating evidence over at Wikipedia,where I learned that:

"For Christians, concupiscence refers to what they understand as the orientation, inclination or innate tendency of human beings to long for fleshly appetites, often associated with a desire to do things which are proscribed.
There are nine occurrences of concupiscence in the Douay-Rheims Bible[3] and three occurrences in the King James Bible.[4] It is also one of the English translations of the Koine Greek epithumia (ἐπιθυμία),[5] which occurs 38 times in some versions of the New Testament.[6]"

So, if I ever get desperate for blog material, I can always, catalog for our "high class" readers those 9 - 38 occurrences of concupiscence in both versions of the bible. Then I can call on Donna to find suitable illustrations.  Afterwords, we'll have a test and give AP credit at the UCTMW Community College, once we open it's doors.

But what I note I that this appears to be a New Testament phenomenon, which may explain why our Jewish readers may not be particularly familiar with this term.

At least the Catholic view on concupiscent temptation is a bit more flexible than the Protestant view, as the folks at Wikipedia also explain:



The primary difference between Catholic theology and the most of the many different Protestant theologies on the issue of concupiscence is whether it can be classified as sin by its own nature. Different Protestant denominations tend to see concupiscence as sin itself, an act of the sinner. The Catholic Church teaches that while it is highly likely to cause sin, concupiscence is not sin itself. Rather, it is "the tinder for sin" which "cannot harm those who do not consent" (CCC 1264).[7]


So for those of you encountering the "tinder of sin" today,  my advice is this:  make sure you have a match handy. And a fire hose.

I hear Mistress upstairs now, and recall that I still need to fit the hard steel ring of my cock cage around the base of my cock and balls. We're driving separately to work today. Mistress has a morning "breakfast meeting" set up, and while she trusts her Slave, it always makes her feel more secure to have me secured away for the day.

Plus there is that extra-hard morning cock bonus for her.

I guess I'd better resume this vocabulary lesson at a later time then.

By the way, hope you enjoy the view of Mistress's other Christmas gift.









4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture! Very sexy with the slit at the hip and the silky fabric slipping to one side.

    That quote, "to long for fleshly appetites", reminds me of Silence of the Lambs. Oh wait, that would be fleshy, not fleshly.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, what an adorable Xmas gift, and great picture!!

    Thanks for the lesson in semantics. Having been raised Catholic, i'm familiar with the term, but always enjoy hearing words analyzed.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the Catholics have always had a nice way about rationalizing certain indiscretions when it comes to sex. Although the good sisters I had in grammar school always insisted that we confess those "impure thoughts" we had. Can't complain though, three "Hail Mary's" and you could start fantasizing all over again.

    Love,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing a big market for a 'Molly and Mick D/s Word of the Day' desk calendar! And throw in a daily new sex position diagram as a bonus.

    Great word and thanks for the illuminating discussion.

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: