Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful....

To have our empty nest back.

It was lovely having the cute Co-Ed and her surly sister back in town for the long holiday weekend. But all the other family members who expected us to entertain and amuse them?  Well they wore out their welcome by Saturday night.

And poor Mistress.... maybe it was abusive of her Slave to move the dinner with my older daughter's home  to ours on Saturday evening.... just so Slave could watch his alma mater take on its dreaded rival from the West Coast, with a national title on the line. In my defense, I did not realize what the head count would be.  Unbeknownst to me, my daughter had included my sister (who had cancelled on us at the last minute for Thanksgiving) and her wacked out boy friend. I figured we had dodged that bullet for the weekend when other pressing matters prevented them from joining us for the big Holiday feast.

Then there was a former sister -in-law, her current husband, and his 5 year old granddaughter. I still can't figure out who invited them. But there they were. Toss in my two cute but Oh so noisy and raucous grandsons. Another daughter and her fiance, my mother in law, her husband and the crowd easily exceeded the more sedate group we had for turkey on Thursday night.

All so Slave could watch a football game in the comfort of his own home?

I suspect I deserve a punishment, since Mistress ended up with the lion's share of the cleanup because her Slave was parked in front of the TV, and also made the Chili.  At least I was in a gracious mood after the dust settled in the Coliseum and my team was headed to the big dance in Miami.

But now they've all gone home.

We've had two delightful evenings (and sexy mornings) without having to worry that our lovely daughters are muttering "ewwww" to the sounds down the hallway.

And Mistress has set up her first tryst with "More Matt" , her would be Dom, for Friday evening.

One question yet to be resolved: Does Slave "get lost" for the evening, figuring they have to get comfortable with one another before "More Matt" has to come to grips with Old Mick. 

Or does Slave make dinner for the two of them, and let nature take it's course?

Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Stick around Mick

    Its your house and why miss the show!!!

    The would definatly stick around,

    WC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick,

    Doesn't sound like you got a chance to watch the big game in your "man cave" sitting in an easy chair in your underwear drinking cans of Bud Light!.....lol.

    Wacked out boyfriends, raucous kids and uninvited ex-inlaws....sounds like you didn't escape this Thanksgiving unscathed like you thought you would.

    If I were Molly, I'd have you stick around. Locked up of course.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that staying home makes more sense, Mick. If he can't handle that you are in the house, too bad, he can make other arrangements next time.

    That was an interesting impromptu gathering you had. The game playing both on the screen and off must have been fun to watch.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice, all. Sounds as if Mistress has consulted with More Matt (maybe we should just default to Matt, since the initial Matt has faded away on Mistress's radar screen). He agrees that I should be here to prepare dinner.

    And as for that big game, Suzanne, I must say it was a little distracting until most folks left by half time. Next time I'm heading back to the man cave in our Whatthehellitstan Yurt and its plasma screen TV. But we'll be drinking fermented yak milk rather than Bud Lite.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  5. My opinion.....

    Who cares what he thinks.........

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: