Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Why Men are Born to Be Slaves to Women

Today's David Brooks column in the Times had a reference to recent social science study which explains it all, dear readers:

Men are dumber around women. Thijs Verwijmeren, Vera Rommeswinkel and Johan C. Karremans gave men cognitive tests after they had interacted with a woman via computer. In the study, published in the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, the male cognitive performance declined after the interaction, or even after the men merely anticipated an interaction with a woman. 

Of course, this also explains the WC's reaction to meeting Molly last week in Denver. It clearly fostered an even more acute deficiency in spelling and punctuation than even he typically evidences.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so thats what happened.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I didn't notice much of a change. Maybe I'm just kinda getting used to it.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the studies mentioned in that article are just odd. It would be interesting to know who paid for those results.

    I can see how WC would have been a bit flummoxed by meeting Molly. She is a beautiful woman, and it isn't often a guy meets a woman he has given hundreds of orgasms to without ever having been in the same room, or state!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea thats the ticket Donna,

    Jeez the WC feels like a punching bag today

    But is laughing his ass off!!!!!!!!!

    The back to the corner but holding his own

    WC

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'd been drinking my tea just then, while reading that last bit? I would have snorted it out my nose! OMG Mick, you are one funny guy! I've heard of similar studies (or maybe it was that one) but I wonder if they studied any Doms? Curious... :)

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, Mick... though I agree with Donna. I saw that article and sort of thought "huh. What's the point, really?" But now i see how it can actually apply in real life!

    giggling,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: