Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Party Banter

Last night, Slave accompanied his Mistress to her office holiday bash, at the hip new hotel in town. (Remember those strange statuary photos from a few weeks back).

This is a relatively hip crowd with lots of young creative types all dressed for an evening out. Mistress was. of course, a key part of the fun, chatting up the young things who report to her and introducing me to her more senior colleagues. She was adorned in her black dress, black tights and those kinky lace-up black boots.

At one point Slave offered to fetch drinks for her and a colleague: a woman who is in her mid 40's, and purportedly danced as an NBA cheerleader back in her younger days. She's shorter than Mistress, but fetching in her own way. Her husband was home tending to her kids.

I asked her if she had made the acquaintance of someone that Suzanne and J likely admire, Larry Bird. But apparently their tenure with this particular team did not coincide.

As I returned with their white wines, a beer under my elbow for me, Mistress's boss (an older woman) caught the scene, and commented that it was nice of me to "serve" them.

Slave, always looking for an opportunity to be cheeky, had a snappy retort:

"It's a little crowded here, or I'd be doing it on my knees."

Mistress gave me that little "eyebrow lift" suggesting I was treading on thin ice.

But her colleague - the former NBA cheerleader - did not miss a beat.

"We'll get to that later.....", she said to me with a sly look in her eye.

It made me think that the house husband back at home with her kids may have other duties too.


3 comments:

  1. Yes it seems that kink is breaking out everywhere

    Go pussycats!

    The would you please have your team beat the Pats,

    WC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice comeback Mick. You probably raised more than an eyebrow on the old lady! Then a pretty good line from that young chick.

    All the more reason why you should be caged at these (and other) events.

    Suzanne

    p.s....wasn't much of a Larry Bird fan. Wasn't around her in his heyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it was fun banter.

    -sin

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: