Saturday, December 8, 2012

We Are the 1%

Last night, Mistress and Slave "dined" at a funky local Northern New Mexican diner, then went to a recently renovated old dance hall to hear a friend's band play and do a little "boot scooting". The lady who lovingly renovated the place brought out all the old adobe charm. Imagine an adobe walled auditorium the size of a basketball court, but with "vega" beams of old pine logs a yard in diameter and 50 feet long. It made old Mick wonder how the workers who built the place around 1900 lifted those suckers into place.

  During a break, while Mistress was "powdering her nose", the band's leader sidled up to me, on his way to his van for a little mid-set pick-me-up.

"Mick.... Molly sure is looking young out there. For a moment I thought you were dancing with your daughter....."

True, Mistress is looking hot, as a local hunky "potter" mentioned earlier in the day. He told Mistress she looks better than most 40 year olds here in town. (This quickly got Mistress to add him to guys she might like to fuck someday, an ever growing list, I might add.)

Yes, dear readers, I  regularly pinch myself for my good fortune, knowing that I've got a feisty filly by the tail and have to cling tight to keep up. (Is all this one of those loathsome "humblebrags"?  Not sure, but what the fuck, it's our blog and you can always click to the next one if humility is what you seek).

This brings me to the article I stumbled on while clicking through the Times on line yesterday, to get my news fix. Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll, and More Sex?

The article reports on a survey of Americans' sexual activities, and includes a link to the survey and its various amusing graphics.  But here's the passage I found intriguing :

Seventy-one percent of men 30 to 39 said they’d had sex in the last month, versus 61 percent of those 40 to 49 and 44 percent of those 50 to 59. With women, 64 percent of those 30 to 39 reported having sex in the previous month versus 56 percent of those 40 to 49, 40 percent of those 50 to 59 and 29 percent of those 60 to 69.
Sex, drugs, rock ‘n’ roll and more sex? About 10 percent of men and women 50 to 59 said they had sex two to three times a week, about a third the rate for those 25 to 29. 

Of course, the article just ignores those guys, like me who have turned 60.  But checking out the survey, I find that about 45% of my contemporaries reported no penetrative sex with another person in the last year. Of course, some of those folks could be caged cucks or submissives like some of you out in blog land who have been disciplined into denial. But I suspect that is a very tiny chunk of that 45%.

On the other hand, the number of 60 and above men who have sex 2-3 times a week is less than 10%.

And what about those like old Mick, who has been on a 7-10 times a week schedule most recently, with lots of two a days with the time and privacy we have out here in our Mountain Hideaway.

I guess I am one pampered house slave....


3 comments:

  1. Impressive - you are indeed the one percent.

    I giggled a bit at your comment about the humblebrag and that we could click to the next blog if we were looking for humility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick,

    You're more than pampered. I'm not even sure there's a word that adequately describes it. It's much easier to try and describe it from a statistical perspective like you did. However, you don't fall into the 1%....not even close. You're in much smaller (and rarer) group than that.

    Enjoy your vacation. Just don't overdo it trying to become even more of a sexual statistical rarity.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Sue is right

    You are the .01%

    Course I can see why being married to the lovely Molly with the clean shave folds!!!!!!!!!

    Go Irish tonight

    WC

    ReplyDelete

We Love your comments.... please join in: